Slick is a modular and extendable slack client with a terminal based ui, while also aiming to be simple and intuitive. It has been designed to have an approachable default configuration but to be easily extended with lua.
- Download a release from the releases page here.
- Make slick executable:
chmod 775 slick*
- Move slick into your path:
mv slick* /usr/local/bin/slick
- Start slick:
- Modal - Slick borrows a text based, modal workflow from vi. Most functionality requires one keypress, or can be easily mapped to a key.
- Scriptable - Add new commands (ie,
/foo) or keyboard bindings (ie, press
a) and bind them to slick commands. Or, write your own functionality in Lua - for example, here's a plugin to encrypt a message to a user on keybase and send it to them via slack. Learn More
- Batteries Included - Distributed as a static binary with no dependencies. Installation is simple. Slick is updated automatically on start.
- Not built on electron - Slick is terminal based. Reduce the number of bloated chrome vms running on your system.
And a bunch of smaller things:
There is no documentation for this package.