bettercap is a powerful, easily extensible and portable framework written in Go which aims to offer to security researchers, red teamers and reverse engineers an easy to use, all-in-one solution with all the features they might possibly need for performing reconnaissance and attacking WiFi networks, Bluetooth Low Energy devices, wireless HID devices and Ethernet networks.
- WiFi networks scanning, deauthentication attack, clientless PMKID association attack and automatic WPA/WPA2 client handshakes capture.
- Bluetooth Low Energy devices scanning, characteristics enumeration, reading and writing.
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices scanning and MouseJacking attacks with over-the-air HID frames injection (with DuckyScript support).
- Passive and active IP network hosts probing and recon.
- ARP, DNS and DHCPv6 spoofers for MITM attacks on IP based networks.
- A powerful network sniffer for credentials harvesting which can also be used as a network protocol fuzzer.
- A very fast port scanner.
- A powerful REST API with support for asynchronous events notification on websocket to orchestrate your attacks easily.
- A very convenient web UI.
About the 1.x Legacy Version
While the first version (up to 1.6.2) of bettercap was implemented in Ruby and only offered basic MITM, sniffing and proxying capabilities, the 2.x is a complete reimplementation using the Go programming language.
This ground-up rewrite offered several advantages:
- bettercap can now be distributed as a single binary with very few dependencies, for basically any OS and any architecture.
- 1.x proxies, although highly optimized and event based, used to bottleneck the entire network when performing a MITM attack, while the new version adds almost no overhead.
- Due to such performance and functional limitations, most of the features that the 2.x version is offering were simply impossible to implement properly (read as: without killing the entire network ... or your computer).
For this reason, any version prior to 2.x is considered deprecated and any type of support has been dropped in favor of the new implementation. An archived copy of the legacy documentation is available here, however it is strongly suggested to upgrade.
Documentation and Examples
The project is documented here.
bettercap is made with ♥ by the dev team and it's released under the GPL 3 license.
Stargazers over time
There is no documentation for this package.
Package caplets contains functions to enumerate, load and execute caplets.
|Package caplets contains functions to enumerate, load and execute caplets.|
Package core contains basic utility functions.
|Package core contains basic utility functions.|
Package firewall contains the OS specific implementation of the FirewallManager interface.
|Package firewall contains the OS specific implementation of the FirewallManager interface.|
Package log contains a transparent interface for logging which interacts with the system event queue.
|Package log contains a transparent interface for logging which interacts with the system event queue.|
Package modules contains session modules.
|Package modules contains session modules.|
Package network contains network specific code ...
|Package network contains network specific code ...|
Package packets contains structure declarations for network packets and the main packets queue.
|Package packets contains structure declarations for network packets and the main packets queue.|
Package session contains code to manage the interactive session, modules, environment, etc.
|Package session contains code to manage the interactive session, modules, environment, etc.|
Package tls contains code for TLS certificate generation and signing.
|Package tls contains code for TLS certificate generation and signing.|