COVID 19 Data REST API for South Africa
A RESTful API to expose the COVID 19 Data for South Africa created, maintained and hosted by DSFSI research group at the University of Pretoria
Running the project
Before running the project API, you should set the
PORT environmental variable on your computer
# Run cd covid19za/api go run main.go # API Endpoint : http://127.0.0.1:1323
The hosted API can be found on https://covid-za-api.herokuapp.com.
There's no authentication required. Anybody and everybody is welcome to use this widely.
There is no rate limit of any kind but we hope that you use it in a sensible manner and whenever possible cache response for a few hours.
GET: Get the timestamp of the latest update to the data
GET: Get all confirmed cases
GET: Get all confirmed cases in a province
GET: Get all reported deaths
GET: Get all reported deaths in a province
GET: Get test timeline data
GET: Get cumulative provincial timeline data
GET: Get public hospitals
GET: Get private hospitals
You can get the confirmed cases by performing a
GET request to:
You can get the confirmed cases in Gauteng (
GP) by performing a
GET request to:
- Expose an endpoint to get all confirmed cases.
- Allow filtering by province on the confirmed cases endpoint.
- Expose an endpoint to get test timeline data.
- Expose an endpoint to get all fatalities (reported deaths).
- Allow filtering by province on the fatalities endpoint.
- Expose an endpoint to get all available hospitals.
- Allow filtering by province on the hospitals endpoint.
- Expose an endpoint to get provincial cumulative timeline data [Issue #122].
There is no documentation for this package.