Containerized apps management platform
Last.Backend is an open source platform for containerized application management: from deploy to scale. This solution is based on container technology.
Note: Last.Backend is under active development stage and our team is working day and night to make it better. Your suggestions, comments and contributions will be very helpful for us!
Our design principles allows us to create extendable and powerful system. We separated runtime into particular package and use interfaces to add ability to extend supported technologies. By default Last.Backend operate with this runtimes:
- CRI - container runtime interface: docker by default
- CII - container image interface: docker by default
- CSI - container storage interface: host directory by default
- CNI - container network interface: vxlan by default
- CPI - container proxy interface: IPVS by default
All these runtimes are documented in runtime section, where are described all methods, types and algorithms.
The main endpoint to manage cluster is REST API interface.
Our team use swagger for generation API documentation. To create swagger spec, just execute
make swagger-spec command in root of repository.
You can use REST API in these options:
- directly with CURL or another apps
- using Last.Backend CLI (located in separate repo lastbackend/cli)
- for building custom go apps - you can use golang client located in
Current version is very close for public beta and include:
- cluster management
- node management
- overlay network based on vxlan
- internal endpoints for pods balancing based on IPVS
- ingress server based on haproxy
- internal discovery server
- services management with basic blue/green deployments
- volumes management
All of these functionality is under active test now, so don't surprised by frequent PR please.
Join us in Gitter This project has Roadmap, feel free to offer your features.
We are actively searching for contributors! If you want to help our project and to make developers life easier, please read our Contibuting guideliness.
Table of contents
- Fast application deploying to any server
- Easy application sharing
- Easy application management
- Deploying application by url
- Deploying scheduling
- Deploying stateful services.
- Developer-friendly CLI
How to get started
If you want to dive into project, the best place to start - is our documentation.
We have separated maintainers page
For details on our planned features and future direction please refer to our roadmap.
Join us on social media:
Origin is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Last.Backend Open-source API Open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
|Last.Backend Open-source API Open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.|