Package lhttp implements HTTP client helper code (JSON, automatic retries, authentication, etc).
'l' stands for luci.
- func CheckURL(s string) (string, error)
- func GetJSON(ctx context.Context, rFn retry.Factory, c *http.Client, url string, ...) (int, error)
- func IsHTTPError(err error) (status int, ok bool)
- func IsLocalHost(hostport string) bool
- func NewRequest(ctx context.Context, c *http.Client, rFn retry.Factory, rgen RequestGen, ...) func() (int, error)
- func NewRequestJSON(ctx context.Context, c *http.Client, rFn retry.Factory, url, method string, ...) (func() (int, error), error)
- func PostJSON(ctx context.Context, rFn retry.Factory, c *http.Client, url string, ...) (int, error)
- type ErrorHandler
- type Handler
- type RequestGen
CheckURL ensures that the URL has a valid scheme, and that, if it is an appspot server, that it uses HTTPS.
If no protocol is specified, the protocol defaults to https://.
GetJSON is a shorthand. It returns the HTTP status code and error if any.
func IsLocalHost ¶
IsLocalHost returns true if hostport is local.
func NewRequest ¶
NewRequest returns a retriable request.
The handler func is responsible for closing the response Body before returning. It should return retry.Error in case of retriable error, for example if a TCP connection is terminated while receiving the content.
If rFn is nil, NewRequest will use a default exponential backoff strategy only for transient errors.
If errorHandler is nil, the default error handler will drain and close the response body.
func NewRequestJSON ¶
NewRequestJSON returns a retriable request calling a JSON endpoint.
type ErrorHandler ¶
ErrorHandler is called once or multiple times for each HTTP request that is tried. It is called when any non-200 response code is received, or if some other network error occurs. resp may be nil if a network error occurred before the response was received. The ErrorHandler must close the provided resp, if any. Return the same error again to continue retry behaviour, or nil to pretend this error was a success.
Handler is called once or multiple times for each HTTP request that is tried.
type RequestGen ¶
RequestGen is a generator function to create a new request. It may be called multiple times if an operation needs to be retried. The HTTP server is responsible for closing the Request body, as per http.Request Body method documentation.