Package plugins implements plugin management for the policy engine.
- func GetCompilerOnContext(context *storage.Context) *ast.Compiler
- func GetConsoleLogger() *logrus.Logger
- func GracefulShutdownPeriod(gracefulShutdownPeriod int) func(*Manager)
- func Info(term *ast.Term) func(*Manager)
- func InitBundles(b map[string]*bundle.Bundle) func(*Manager)
- func InitFiles(f loader.Result) func(*Manager)
- func Logger(logger sdk.Logger) func(*Manager)
- func MaxErrors(n int) func(*Manager)
- func SetCompilerOnContext(context *storage.Context, compiler *ast.Compiler)
- func SetWasmResolversOnContext(context *storage.Context, rs *wasm.Resolver)
- type Factory
- type Manager
- func (m *Manager) AuthPlugin(name string) rest.HTTPAuthPlugin
- func (m *Manager) Client(name string) rest.Client
- func (m *Manager) GetCompiler() *ast.Compiler
- func (m *Manager) GetWasmResolvers() *wasm.Resolver
- func (m *Manager) Init(ctx context.Context) error
- func (m *Manager) InterQueryBuiltinCacheConfig() *cache.Config
- func (m *Manager) Labels() map[string]string
- func (m *Manager) Logger() sdk.Logger
- func (m *Manager) Plugin(name string) Plugin
- func (m *Manager) PluginStatus() map[string]*Status
- func (m *Manager) Plugins() string
- func (m *Manager) PublicKeys() map[string]*keys.Config
- func (m *Manager) Reconfigure(config *config.Config) error
- func (m *Manager) Register(name string, plugin Plugin)
- func (m *Manager) RegisterCacheTrigger(trigger func(*cache.Config))
- func (m *Manager) RegisterCompilerTrigger(f func(txn storage.Transaction))
- func (m *Manager) RegisterPluginStatusListener(name string, listener StatusListener)
- func (m *Manager) Services() string
- func (m *Manager) Start(ctx context.Context) error
- func (m *Manager) Stop(ctx context.Context)
- func (m *Manager) UnregisterPluginStatusListener(name string)
- func (m *Manager) UpdatePluginStatus(pluginName string, status *Status)
- type Plugin
- type State
- type Status
- type StatusListener
func GetCompilerOnContext ¶
GetCompilerOnContext gets the compiler cached on the storage context.
func GetConsoleLogger ¶
GetConsoleLogger return plugin console logger
func GracefulShutdownPeriod ¶
GracefulShutdownPeriod passes the configured graceful shutdown period to plugins
Info sets the runtime information on the manager. The runtime information is propagated to opa.runtime() built-in function calls.
func InitBundles ¶
InitBundles provides the initial set of bundles to load.
InitFiles provides the initial set of other data/policy files to load.
Logger configures the passed logger on the plugin manager (useful to configure default fields)
MaxErrors sets the error limit for the manager's shared compiler.
func SetCompilerOnContext ¶
SetCompilerOnContext puts the compiler into the storage context. Calling this function before committing updated policies to storage allows the manager to skip parsing and compiling of modules. Instead, the manager will use the compiler that was stored on the context.
SetWasmResolversOnContext puts a set of Wasm Resolvers into the storage context. Calling this function before committing updated wasm modules to storage allows the manager to skip initializing modules before using them. Instead, the manager will use the compiler that was stored on the context.
Factory defines the interface OPA uses to instantiate your plugin.
When OPA processes it's configuration it looks for factories that have been registered by calling runtime.RegisterPlugin. Factories are registered to a name which is used to key into the configuration blob. If your plugin has not been configured, your factory will not be invoked.
plugins: my_plugin1: some_key: foo # my_plugin2: # some_key2: bar
If OPA was started with the configuration above and received two calls to runtime.RegisterPlugins (one with NAME "my_plugin1" and one with NAME "my_plugin2"), it would only invoke the factory for for my_plugin1.
OPA instantiates and reconfigures plugins in two steps. First, OPA will call Validate to check the configuration. Assuming the configuration is valid, your factory should return a configuration value that can be used to construct your plugin. Second, OPA will call New to instantiate your plugin providing the configuration value returned from the Validate call.
Validate receives a slice of bytes representing plugin configuration and returns a configuration value that can be used to instantiate your plugin. The manager is provided to give access to the OPA's compiler, storage layer, and global configuration. Your Validate function will typically:
1. Deserialize the raw config bytes 2. Validate the deserialized config for semantic errors 3. Inject default values 4. Return a deserialized/parsed config
New receives a valid configuration for your plugin and returns a plugin object. Your New function will typically:
1. Cast the config value to it's own type 2. Instantiate a plugin object 3. Return the plugin object 4. Update status via `plugins.Manager#UpdatePluginStatus`
After a plugin has been created subsequent status updates can be send anytime the plugin enters a ready or error state.
Manager implements lifecycle management of plugins and gives plugins access to engine-wide components like storage.
New creates a new Manager using config.
func (*Manager) AuthPlugin ¶
AuthPlugin returns the HTTPAuthPlugin registered with name or nil if name is not found.
Client returns a client for communicating with a remote service.
func (*Manager) GetCompiler ¶
GetCompiler returns the manager's compiler.
func (*Manager) GetWasmResolvers ¶
GetWasmResolvers returns the manager's set of Wasm Resolvers.
Init returns an error if the manager could not initialize itself. Init() should be called before Start(). Init() is idempotent.
func (*Manager) InterQueryBuiltinCacheConfig ¶
InterQueryBuiltinCacheConfig returns the configuration for the inter-query cache.
Labels returns the set of labels from the configuration.
Logger gets the logger implementation associated with this plugin manager
Plugin returns the plugin registered with name or nil if name is not found.
func (*Manager) PluginStatus ¶
PluginStatus returns the current statuses of any plugins registered.
Plugins returns the list of plugins registered with the manager.
func (*Manager) PublicKeys ¶
PublicKeys returns a public keys that can be used for verifying signed bundles.
func (*Manager) Reconfigure ¶
Reconfigure updates the configuration on the manager.
Register adds a plugin to the manager. When the manager is started, all of the plugins will be started.
func (*Manager) RegisterCacheTrigger ¶
RegisterCacheTrigger accepts a func that receives new inter-query cache config generated by a reconfigure of the plugin manager, so that it can be propagated to existing inter-query caches.
func (*Manager) RegisterCompilerTrigger ¶
RegisterCompilerTrigger registers for change notifications when the compiler is changed.
func (*Manager) RegisterPluginStatusListener ¶
RegisterPluginStatusListener registers a StatusListener to be called when plugin status updates occur.
Services returns a list of services that m can provide clients for.
Start starts the manager. Init() should be called once before Start().
Stop stops the manager, stopping all the plugins registered with it. Any plugin that needs to perform cleanup should do so within the duration of the graceful shutdown period passed with the context as a timeout.
func (*Manager) UnregisterPluginStatusListener ¶
UnregisterPluginStatusListener removes a StatusListener registered with the same name.
Plugin defines the interface OPA uses to manage your plugin.
When OPA starts it will start all of the plugins it was configured to instantiate. Each time a new plugin is configured (via discovery), OPA will start it. You can use the Start call to spawn additional goroutines or perform initialization tasks.
Currently OPA will not call Stop on plugins.
When OPA receives new configuration for your plugin via discovery it will first Validate the configuration using your factory and then call Reconfigure.
type State string
State defines the state that a Plugin instance is currently in with pre-defined states.
const ( // StateNotReady indicates that the Plugin is not in an error state, but isn't // ready for normal operation yet. This should only happen at // initialization time. StateNotReady State = "NOT_READY" // StateOK signifies that the Plugin is operating normally. StateOK State = "OK" // StateErr indicates that the Plugin is in an error state and should not // be considered as functional. StateErr State = "ERROR" // StateWarn indicates the Plugin is operating, but in a potentially dangerous or // degraded state. It may be used to indicate manual remediation is needed, or to // alert admins of some other noteworthy state. StateWarn State = "WARN" )
Status has a Plugin's current status plus an optional Message.
Package bundle implements bundle downloading.
|Package bundle implements bundle downloading.|
Package discovery implements configuration discovery.
|Package discovery implements configuration discovery.|
Package logs implements decision log buffering and uploading.
|Package logs implements decision log buffering and uploading.|
Package rest implements a REST client for communicating with remote services.
|Package rest implements a REST client for communicating with remote services.|
Package status implements status reporting.
|Package status implements status reporting.|