Automatix is a Github bot that updates Go Module dependencies and creates Pull Requests.
It's intended to either be run:
- regularly via a scheduling mechanism like Cron or a CI Job or
- as standalone application on a server with
It clones the Github repositories listed in it's
For each repository it downloads updates for the libraries listed in the
If libraries were updated it creates a Github Pull-Request for the changes.
If an open Pull-Request from Automatix already exists, it does not check for Go module updates. This is to prevent that Automatix creates tons of Pull-Requests for the same changes.
If the parameter
PeriodicIntervalMin in the
config.toml file is
Automatix only runs 1x time.
If the parameter is set to a value
>0, automatix checks for updates in this
- Git command-line tools
- Golang 1.11
go get -u github.com/simplesurance/automatixto install Automatix
- Create a OAUTH Github key for Automatix at https://github.com/settings/tokens
./automatixto create an example config
config.tomland configure it according to your needs
- I'm getting a
404 Not Founderror when Automatix retrieves information from Github or tries to do
- The permissions for your OAUTH key maybe not sufficient.
rep - Full control of private repositoriescheckbox is checked.
- If you updated your OAUTH key and used Automatix before, you have to delete
the previously checked out repositories in
- The permissions for your OAUTH key maybe not sufficient. Ensure the
git commitstep fails because my git user identity is not set
- See https://help.github.com/articles/setting-your-commit-email-address-in-git/
alternatively the environment variables
GIT_AUTHOR_NAMEcan be set.
- See https://help.github.com/articles/setting-your-commit-email-address-in-git/ alternatively the environment variables
There is no documentation for this package.