This is a software project by SOSETH and VIS to manage several external load-balancers which forward traffic to several Kubernetes clusters.
Externally expose kubernetes ingresses using HAProxy and terminate TLS for them.
Given a set of n Kubernetes clusters and m pairs of load-balancers to each of them, the goal of the project is to transport information about available domains in each cluster to all load-balancers such that any router is able to forward traffic any cluster.
- Figure out why update/patch on the fake client set doesn't get propagated. This prevents us from writing more interesting unit tests...
- systemd integration (instead of doing
sudo systemctl ...)
- HAProxy, installed and configured to use a conf.d-style configuration format. Have a look here for more information.
- Kubernetes clusters and client configurations for a
- The user must be able to watch Ingresses in all namespaces in all clusters.
k8s-rbac.ymlfor more information.
- The user must be able to watch Ingresses in all namespaces in all clusters. See
- Certificates for all your domains.
sysctl net.ipv4.vs.conntrack = 1
- Source-NAT rule for the service IP subnet
Each Kubernetes cluster has to expose its API to all the routers. Every kubelet node has to be accessible by all routers.
An example configuration might look like this:
haproxyDropinPath: /etc/haproxy/conf.d/90-k8router.conf haproxyTemplatePath: /root/template clusters: - name: local kubeconfig: /etc/k8router/k8s/kubeconfig.yml certificates: - cert: /foo name: realcert domains: - example.org - cert: /bar name: dummycert domains: - '*.org' - '*.com' ips: - 18.104.22.168
This will generate a configuration at
/root/template for one cluster (
using two certificates and one external IP. An example template file is included
here, note that the certificates are specified as directories (see
./k8router -verbose -config <path/to/config> in a terminal, the log
output should tell you if something goes wrong. Due to missing systemd
integration we still require passwordless sudo for the service user.
There is no documentation for this package.