Package generator contains the code generation algorithms for a service server, client, and OpenAPI specification.
Server and Client ¶
The code generated for the service server and client includes:
- A `service` package that contains the declarations for the service interfaces and endpoints which wrap the service methods. - A `views` package that contains code to render a result type using a view. - transport specific packages for each of the transports defined in the design. - An example implementation of the client, server, and the service.
The OpenAPI generator generates a OpenAPI v2 specification for the service REST endpoints. This generator requires the design to define the HTTP transport.
- func Example(genpkg string, roots eval.Root) (*codegen.File, error)
- func Generate(dir, cmd string) (string, error)
- func OpenAPI(_ string, roots eval.Root) (*codegen.File, error)
- func Service(genpkg string, roots eval.Root) (*codegen.File, error)
- func Transport(genpkg string, roots eval.Root) (*codegen.File, error)
- type Genfunc
var Generators = generators
Generators returns the qualified paths (including the package name) to the code generator functions for the given command, an error if the command is not supported. Generators is a public variable so that external code (e.g. plugins) may override the default generators.
Example iterates through the roots and returns files that implement an example service, server, and client.
Generate runs the code generation algorithms.
OpenAPI iterates through the roots and returns the files needed to render the service OpenAPI spec. It produces OpenAPI specifications only if the roots define a HTTP service.
Service iterates through the roots and returns the files needed to render the service code. It returns an error if the roots slice does not include a goa design.