LaunchDarkly Go SDK Core Packages
This repository contains packages and types that are shared between the LaunchDarkly Go SDK and other LaunchDarkly Go components.
Applications using the LaunchDarkly Go SDK will generally use the
lduser subpackage, which contains the
User type, and may also use the
ldvalue package, which contains the
Value type that represents arbitrary JSON values. Other packages are less frequently used.
Note that the base import path is
github.com/launchdarkly/go-sdk-common. This ensures that the package can be referenced not only as a Go module, but also by projects that use older tools like
govendor, because the 5.x release of the Go SDK supports either module or non-module usage. Future releases of this package, and of the Go SDK, may drop support for non-module usage.
go-server-sdk this does not have
server in the name, because nothing in this repository is specific to the LaunchDarkly server-side model; it could be used in a client-side context.
Supported Go versions
This version of the project has been tested with Go 1.14 and higher.
Integration with easyjson
LaunchDarkly tools frequently read and write JSON data. By default,
go-sdk-common uses LaunchDarkly's open-source JSON library
go-jsonstream, which is considerably faster than Go's built-in
encoding/json and does not depend on any third-party code. However, it can optionally integrate with the third-party library
easyjson, which may be even faster in some cases, without requiring any changes in your code. To enable this, set the build tag
launchdarkly_easyjson when you run
go build, which both switches
go-jsonstream to use
easyjson internally and also generates
UnmarshalEasyJSON methods for each JSON-serializable type. The
easyjson library is still under development and has some potential compatibility issues; see its documentation for more details.
If you do not set the
launchdarkly_easyjson build tag,
go-sdk-common does not use any code from
Check out our documentation for in-depth instructions on configuring and using LaunchDarkly. You can also head straight to the complete reference guide for the Go SDK, or the generated API documentation for this project.
We encourage pull requests and other contributions from the community. Check out our contributing guidelines for instructions on how to contribute to this SDK.
- LaunchDarkly is a continuous delivery platform that provides feature flags as a service and allows developers to iterate quickly and safely. We allow you to easily flag your features and manage them from the LaunchDarkly dashboard. With LaunchDarkly, you can:
- Roll out a new feature to a subset of your users (like a group of users who opt-in to a beta tester group), gathering feedback and bug reports from real-world use cases.
- Gradually roll out a feature to an increasing percentage of users, and track the effect that the feature has on key metrics (for instance, how likely is a user to complete a purchase if they have feature A versus feature B?).
- Turn off a feature that you realize is causing performance problems in production, without needing to re-deploy, or even restart the application with a changed configuration file.
- Grant access to certain features based on user attributes, like payment plan (eg: users on the ‘gold’ plan get access to more features than users in the ‘silver’ plan). Disable parts of your application to facilitate maintenance, without taking everything offline.
- LaunchDarkly provides feature flag SDKs for a wide variety of languages and technologies. Check out our documentation for a complete list.
- Explore LaunchDarkly
Package ldcommon is the base package for commonly used Go SDK types and functions.
Currently there are no types in this package; they are all in subpackages such as ldvalue.
Package jsonstream is a deprecated implementation of sequential JSON encoding and tokenizing.
|Package jsonstream is a deprecated implementation of sequential JSON encoding and tokenizing.|
Package ldlog contains a logging abstraction used by LaunchDarkly SDK components.
|Package ldlog contains a logging abstraction used by LaunchDarkly SDK components.|
Package ldlogtest contains test helpers for use with the ldlog package.
|Package ldlogtest contains test helpers for use with the ldlog package.|
Package ldreason provides types that describe the outcome of a LaunchDarkly flag evaluation.
|Package ldreason provides types that describe the outcome of a LaunchDarkly flag evaluation.|
Package ldtime contains time-related types and functions used by LaunchDarkly packages.
|Package ldtime contains time-related types and functions used by LaunchDarkly packages.|
Package lduser defines the LaunchDarkly SDK model for user properties.
|Package lduser defines the LaunchDarkly SDK model for user properties.|
Package ldvalue provides an abstraction of the LaunchDarkly SDK's general value type.
|Package ldvalue provides an abstraction of the LaunchDarkly SDK's general value type.|