The OpenTelemetry Collector offers a vendor-agnostic implementation on how to receive, process and export telemetry data. In addition, it removes the need to run, operate and maintain multiple agents/collectors in order to support open-source telemetry data formats (e.g. Jaeger, Prometheus, etc.) sending to multiple open-source or commercial back-ends.
- Usable: Reasonable default configuration, supports popular protocols, runs and collects out of the box.
- Performant: Highly stable and performant under varying loads and configurations.
- Observable: An exemplar of an observable service.
- Extensible: Customizable without touching the core code.
- Unified: Single codebase, deployable as an agent or collector with support for traces, metrics and logs.
Learn more about roles in the community repository.
Thanks to all the people who already contributed!