Golang based AWS Lambda handler for sending plex webhook messages to a slack channel. For a standalone service, see plex2slack
AWS Lambda setup
- Download the latest release and setup a new Go based lambda function in AWS. The handler name is
- Add the environment variable
PLEX2SLACK_WEBHOOK_URLto your lambda handler. Set this to your Slack incoming webhook url. It should look something like https://hooks.slack.com/services/SOMETHING/SOMEID/SOMETHINGELSEHERE
AWS API Gateway setup
- Create a new AWS API Gateway API.
- In the 'Settings' section for the AWS API Gateway for the new API, make sure to add
multipart/form-dataunder Binary Media Types
- Create a resource (call it something like 'plex') and create a
POSTmethod on the resource. Wire up the lambda handler on the method. Make sure to select Use Lambda Proxy integration
- Deploy the API
There is no documentation for this package.