This is a small tool that updates the license header for Uber's open source Golang files.
go get go.uber.org/tools/update-license
- Support more licenses by name (MIT, Apache 2.0, etc), file path, url (http GET)
- Support custom owner (not just "Uber Technologies, Inc.")
- Support more languages than go (cover go, java, js, py to start, along with LICENSE, LICENSE.txt)
- Talk about removing custom logic for header comments (ie
Code generated by), it probably makes more sense just to put the license at the top
- Better detection support for existing licenses so they can be removed
- Verbose, dry run support
There is no documentation for this package.