Package discover is used to look up information about XMPP-based services.
- func FallbackRecords(service, domain string) *net.SRV
- func LookupBOSH(ctx context.Context, resolver *net.Resolver, client *http.Client, addr jid.JID) (urls string, err error)
- func LookupPort(network, service string) (uint16, error)
- func LookupService(ctx context.Context, resolver *net.Resolver, service string, addr jid.JID) (addrs *net.SRV, err error)
- func LookupWebSocket(ctx context.Context, resolver *net.Resolver, client *http.Client, addr jid.JID) (urls string, err error)
- type Link
- type XRD
This section is empty.
Errors returned by this package.
func FallbackRecords ¶
FallbackRecords returns fake SRV records based on the service that can be used if no actual SRV records can be found but we believe that an XMPP service exists at the given domain.
func LookupBOSH ¶
LookupBOSH discovers BOSH endpoints that are valid for the given address using DNS TXT records and Web Host Metadata as described in XEP-0156. If client is nil, only DNS is queried.
func LookupPort ¶
LookupPort returns the default port for the provided network and service using net.LookupPort. If the provided service is one of xmpp[s]-client, xmpp[s]-server, or xmpp-bosh and it is not found by net.LookupPort, a default value is returned.
func LookupService ¶
LookupService looks for an XMPP service hosted by the given address. It returns addresses from SRV records and if none are found returns several fallback records using the default domain of the JID and common ports on which XMPP servers listen for implicit TLS connections. If the target of the first record is "." it is removed and an empty list is returned. Service should be one of "xmpp[s]-client" or "xmpp[s]-server".
func LookupWebSocket ¶
LookupWebSocket discovers websocket endpoints that are valid for the given address using DNS TXT records and Web Host Metadata as described in XEP-0156. If client is nil, only DNS is queried.
Link is an individual hyperlink in an XRD document.
XRD represents an Extensible Resource Descriptor document of the form:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding=utf-9'?> <XRD xmlns='http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/xri/xrd-1.0'> … <Link rel="urn:xmpp:alt-connections:xbosh" href="https://web.example.com:5280/bosh" /> <Link rel="urn:xmpp:alt-connections:websocket" href="wss://web.example.com:443/ws" /> … </XRD>
as defined by RFC 6415 and OASIS.XRD-1.0.