a very simple, tiny and intuitive ffmpeg wrapper with a cli interface for inspecting & transforming media files supported by the original ffmpeg software.
I wanted to learn more about ffmpeg and dig deep into its use cases, so I tried to build a simple wrapper that is consdered a shortcut for ffmpeg.
- Inspecting a video file to get its info including (duration, size, thumbnail, ... etc).
- Transforming a video file (converting, resizing and compressing).
- Generating a HLS playlist from a video file.
- Supporting S3 as a valid file source/output beside the currently and only supported "local filesystem".
- Supporting FTP as a valid file source/output beside the currently and only supported "local filesystem".
- Supporting HTTP as a valid file source beside the currently and only supported "local filesystem".
- Implementing a "Distributed Queue" engine to simplify the integration with the real world problems/apps.
- H.264 Video Encoding Guide
- CRF Guide (Constant Rate Factor in x264, x265 and libvpx)
- Creating A Production Ready Multi Bitrate HLS VOD stream
- How can I reduce a video's size with ffmpeg?
- Video Quality – What is Video Bitrate(kbps), Pixels (p) & Aspect Ratios
- How do I reduze the size of a video to a target size?
- Resize/Scale/Change Resolution of a Video using FFmpeg Easily