In a nutshell this is a server running near your application and keeping lots of persistent Websocket or SockJS connections from your application clients (from web browsers or other environments like iOS or Android apps). When some event happens you can broadcast it to all interested clients using Centrifugo API.
Releases available as single executable files – just download latest release for your platform, unpack and run.
See official Docker image.
There are also packages for 64-bit Debian, Centos and Ubuntu.
Try demo instance on Heroku (password
demo). Or deploy your own Centrifugo instance in one click:
- Fast server capable to serve thousands of simultaneous connections
- Easily integrates with existing application – no need to rewrite your backend code to dive into real-time
- HTTP API to communicate from your application backend (publish messages in channels etc.). API clients for Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, NodeJS. Simple to implement new one
- Scale to several machines with Redis
- SHA-256 HMAC-based connection authentication and private channel authorization
- Different types of channels – private, user limited, client limited channels
- Flexible configuration of channels via namespaces
- Presence information for channels (show all clients in channel)
- History information for channels (last messages sent into channels)
- Join/leave events for channels (client goes online/offline)
- Recover missed messages after network disconnect
- Built-in administrative web interface
- Possibility to use as WebRTC signaling server
- Ready to deploy (docker image, RPM/DEB packages, Nginx configuration)
- MIT license
There is no documentation for this package.
Package libcentrifugo is a real-time core for Centrifugo server.
|Package libcentrifugo is a real-time core for Centrifugo server.|
Package auth provides functions to generate and check Centrifugo tokens and signs.
|Package auth provides functions to generate and check Centrifugo tokens and signs.|
Package bytequeue provides byte queue for libcentrifugo package client messages.
|Package bytequeue provides byte queue for libcentrifugo package client messages.|
Package priority provides priority queue for libcentrifugo package Memory Engine.
|Package priority provides priority queue for libcentrifugo package Memory Engine.|
package raw contains Raw type (alias to slice of bytes).
|package raw contains Raw type (alias to slice of bytes).|